Friday, September 4, 2009

look up the fruit granadilla. seriously.

9/3/09 – 4:00 pm

I conquered the combi!!!!!!

I would call it the bus… but combis aren’t really buses. Rather, I’m referring to vans. Run-down, dirty, smelly vans with people spilling out windows and doors. And they don’t care what or who they run into. But it only costs 60 cenitmos a ride! That equals… um… about $0.20! So in my opinion—worth it. Plus, what an experience!!!

Such a good day today.
(I knew the 15 seconds of lukewarm shower was a good omen!)

This afternoon, I hung out with Simone and we met up with Ines and Marisol for some cheap eats (smurf-themed Israeli restaurant) in one of the cutest alleyways I’ve ever seen. Guess I’ll be making my way back to those parts tonight to get my dance on! And maybe have my first sip of alcohol in two weeks! yesssssss

Plus, I learned “preterito perfecto,” so that’s pretty rad.

But… my host ma got upset with me today. I told her I was going to go shopping after school (it’s really one of the only things I can say) but apparently arriving home 3 hours after class lets out isn’t acceptable. =/ I feel terrible but she didn’t seem to like my apologies. And now I’m petrified about telling her I will be going out at 10 tonight to meet up with the girls! Is a home-stay supposed to feel like house arrest?? Of course she only means well and wants me to be safe… but meeeeeh…… Mi casa is so far away from city center and I’d much rather spend my afternoons exploring than sitting in my room all alone! Who can blame me for that?

Ok… time to bust out some homework and maybe a quick nap. Looks like I’ll be shaving my pits in my sink tonight since I’m too petrified to ask to use the (freezing) shower!

Aye caramba…!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! preterito perfecto. That is a good one that you will use for sure. Have you been in moto-taxi yet, They are half motorcycle-half rickshaw. They're pretty awesome and equally frightening. Was your combi packed like sardines. There uis nothing like it. No kidding, people faces smashed up against your arm....no personal bubbles allowed on the bus. K gusto saber que esta divertiendose. Oh and the granadilla, si pues...sabrosisimo!!
    Salud y cuidese

    ReplyDelete