Wednesday, September 9, 2009

i DETEST flan. oooh... my nightly battle.....

My calluses are almost gone!!!! Waaaaah!!!!
But I can’t remember my nails ever being longer… (or dirtier—which is truly the shocking part).

Had two new experiences today: the post office and the laundromat. (I’ve never had anyone do my everyday laundry for me, including m’delicates,‘cept mom—hey thanks mom—so it feels super awkward.) Oh… three new experiences if you count frequenting a French bistro in a Peruvian town (where I had a large fancy sandwich and a deliiiiicioso cappuccino.) And dood. Guess which was the priciest? If you chose the fancy bistro, then sorry playa… that was the cheapest (this ain’t SF, folks). Okay, the laundering of my skivvies you say?? Oh… no, wrong again I’m afraid. It was the freaking post!!!! 40 soles to send one less-than-a-pound package and 3 postcards??!? Ayyyye caramba! It’s okay… I’m not letting it deter me from sending you all goodies. But I MAY be limiting them to those who write me BACK. Oooooh…. The pressure is on……..! ;P

It rained a bit today, but it was quite lovely. The storm clouds just make the sky here all the more impressive. I simply love it.

I’m starting to freak out about the fact that I only have two more days left of Spanish class. At this point I still basically only speak in present tense and jumble up ALL my other tenses… use incorrect pronouns with acute consistency… throw in “ja”, “nej”, and other Swedish words without realizing it… and can only understand others if they speak at a pace of ~8 words per minute. Imagining starting work on Monday is completely horrifying.

On that note… I think I’m actually going to STUDY.

Mucho luv from da dirtydirty. <3

4:00 a.m. setback: well it appears i have contracted my first bout of peruvian food poisoning. and what a lovely experience it is turning out to be. hope my yacking didn't wake up the fam! meeeeeeeeh! =(

i just barely pulled myself to class (an hour late) but was just instructed to go home and make it up on monday. so looks like i'll be pushing back my work start date a bit. but i heard a little about the weavers, and it sounds awesome! i'll be spending mornings there with them, learning about how they dye and weave (they have this expo sort of building for demonstrations for tourists and finished products to buy) and in the afternoons i'll probably be back in the cintro tinku office--where i currently take language--working on comp stuff and visiting local fair trade shops to learn how to open our own! i'm super stoked.

now if only my body would woman-up.......

2 comments:

  1. Feel better! I am living vicariously through you, so hard. Except for the puking, I've had enough food poisoning in my travels to know to pass that up. Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the food poisoning. I fully expected to be puking on a weekly basisi when i was living in Peru but surprisingly, I only puked once about 21 months in. Never had it felt better to violoently expel something from my body. Too much information?? Sorry. Sigue con la practica chica. No habla ingles, jamas!!

    ReplyDelete